Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Five: Vacation Thoughts

Sally at RevGalBlogPals says:

It is a holiday weekend here in the UK, and the weather forecast for much of the country is not good!!! But we can still dream and so with that in mind I bring you this Friday Five.

1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturisers ( yes gentlemen you too can answer this!!!), or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world?
I use at least SPF30 sunscreen if I'm really going to be out in the sun; I'm used to my winter skin by now, with a touch of sun showing now and then.

2.Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/ where is your favourite getaway?
Beach, but mostly observed from a screened porch or similar shelter, as I really don't do well with a lot of sun. Sandy beaches, as I recently experienced in South Carolina, are great, but the rock-bound coast of Maine will suit me just fine, as long as I can watch the waves.

3.Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing?
I don't like really hot weather, but I do like strawberries and other nice produce available locally in summer; not having to suit up to go outside; I don't even mind the summer complaints too much.

4.Active holidays; hiking swimming sailing, or lazy days?
Lazy days, of course. If I feel energetic I find some work to do in the basement.

5.Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine, or do you prefer to play it safe?
Alas, I haven't been abroad in quite some time. But, I do like to try the local cuisine. Last week in South Carolina we went to a fish fry complete with hush puppies; and although in the North I drink my iced tea unsweetened, in the South I have "sweet tea."

No bonus this week unless you can think one up!!!

3 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

Sweet tea is my absolute favorite!!

I even have a picture of it on my blog.

And I love South Carolina beaches!

Terri said...

Good play! Laughed about the "find something to do in the basement"....Even if I don't do much outside I do prefer the warm to cold, not having to bundle up is great!

Cathy said...

Yes sweet tea is the norm here and one must ask for "unsweet" tea - and there is no guarantee how good it is because not many people ask for it, and it just sits.......

A fish fry is an institution in the south. Low country boils are quite nice and delicious too.