Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Five: IF

It’s been far too long since I’ve updated this blog. Some minor health issues (resolved), Christmas craziness and fun (over now and welcomed guests returned to their own homes) and sheer winter hibernation or, to give it its proper name, laziness, interfered. I’ll have to pick up the songs and stories next December. Meanwhile, here we go again, with this week’s Friday Five coming from RevGalBlogPal Jan, who blogs at Yearning for God.

1. If you were a color, what would you be?

A soft, heathery blue-grey. bluegrey That’s today. Maybe tomorrow it would be a dusty rosedusty rose , or a sunny yellowsunny yellow . A chameleon perhaps?


2. If you were a flower (or plant), what would you be?rosemary

A pot of rosemary, inside for the winter, outside in summer, adding taste and aroma to everyday life. (Alas…I do not have a green thumb so my pot of rosemary died.)
3. If you were an animal, what kind would you be?calico cat

I’m afraid lots of people are going to say this, but…a cat. Home-loving, not usually energetic but capable of furious activity, likes people but also likes solitude. And they are all so pretty!
4. If you were a shoe, what type would you be?

I’m thinking I’d be this onered slippers , which I’m wearing right now. It’s an indoor shoe that can go outdoors, comfortable, durable, easy on and off, with a warm lining.
5. If you were a typeface, which font would you be?

Nicolas Jenson Italic. I liked it when I wrote headlines for my college newspaper, and I like it still. It’s both elegant and readable, two qualities to which I aspire.


Bonus: Anything connected with metaphors that you'd like to contribute.

Sorry, my mind is a blank. Sisterfilms’ work Internet was down, and she’s been calling me all day with requests to look things up!

8 comments:

Mary Beth said...

cats are reliably beautiful, are they not? no matter what they look like. ok, maybe not the BALD ones!

Di said...

I like that you're more than one color. Nice answer!

Terri said...

cats. indeed...and rosemary grows year round in my backyard here in the desert...it is awesome.

Terri said...

also...so glad you are back!

LutheranChik said...

I've had awful luck with overwintering rosemary inside. Someone told me that most homes don't let in enough sunlight to keep rosemary going...that you need to augment with a grow light. A pity, because we use LOTS of our pot rosemary during the growing season...we're resigned to treating it like an annual.

Barbara B. said...

That shoe is awesome! I want a pair of those!

Deb said...

My rosemary was chomped down by the deer last winter, after it had been ignored previous winters... we decided that they were preseasoned for some hunter.

d

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses said...

Glad you're back!!!!! Hope you're feeling O.K. There's an award with your name on it at Meanderings and Muses to welcome you back. Drop by when you have a minute and pick it up.
Hugs!
kaye