Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Five: If I Had a Million Dollars

Singing Owl, over at RevGalBlogPals, says:
"Lingering effects of a cold have me watching more television than usual. There appears to be a resurgence of the old daytime staple--the quiz show. Except they are on during prime time, and a great many of them offer the chance of winning one million dollars.

I think it started with Regis Philbin and "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" but now we have a half dozen or so.

My husband and I started musing (after watching "Deal or No Deal") about what we could do with a million dollars. I thought I'd just bring that discussion into the Friday Five this week. It's simple. What are five things you would want to do with a million dollar deposit in your bank account?"

1. Pay off all my kids' student loans, and fund any further education they need or want.
2. Finish our basement and add a dumbwaiter to bring groceries, etc. up from the basement-level garage.
3. Travel.
4. Give more charity to the many worthy organizations I can't afford to support now.
5. When my cybercompanions on the DorothyL list publish new books, buy them.

What would you do with a million dollars? Feel free to post on your own blog or leave a comment here.

10 comments:

revhipchick said...

great ideas! i love the dumbwaiter in the garage! awesome!

Diane M. Roth said...

oh, I love the dumbwaiter, too, and #5!. I've been thinking a lot about all the books I want, right now.

Sally said...

Love the dumb waiter idea!!!- seems we are on a similar wave lenght!

Lori said...

Yeah, I could use a dumbwaiter too! Though I would prefer mine to look like George Clooney as he hauls my groceries shirtless.

Great list.

Unknown said...

Nifty play

Rachel said...

mmmmm.... boooooooooks. Love it.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

My rich cousin in Texas HAS a dumbwaiter in her garage up to her kitchen. :-)

Rev SS said...

I especially like the dumbwaiter idea too. Nice play.

Annie's Mom said...

The dumbwaiter is a GREAT idea!

And to answer your question over at my place, we probably have room for the piano in our current place, but the dining room table would have to go. :)

celeste said...

1. buy a house. with cash.
2. start a college fund for our little guy.
3. give 10% to our favorite charities (church, seminary, HRC...)
4. a week in an oceanfront room somewhere warm for c in february 2009 (it's so grey and rainy here then).
5. buy two brand new cars (neither of us has ever had a brand new car) - subaru forester and Volkswagon camper van.