Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Five: Dates

Over at RevGalBlogPals, we read:

It's Friday afternoon, Eastern Time, and this is your faithful Songbird with a calendar-related Friday Five. Due to some confusion with our dates, I'm stepping in today, although I am usually here only on the 5th Friday, when there is such a thing.

Here are five things to ponder about dates. I hope you'll play!

1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?
I try to do it electronically with Google Calendar. And, we have a wall calendar as well. The Google Calendar is synched with Onkel Hankie Pants's and occasionally with Sisterfilms (so I know when she's available for the phone). But, I'm not as good about this as I could be. Then again I don't have many appointments.

2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
Monday.It was The Collector's birthday. I had actually thought about it and discussed it with SonShineIn the preceding Friday. I don't know if they even did much about it themselves, though, being in the throes of new home-cleaning and all. I have not done really well with birthdays the last couple of years.

3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
1972 I suppose -- if you don't count going out with your husband. If you do, well, yesterday we went looking for a toaster-oven....

4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
My daughters would probably say all my clothes and accessories are dated, and they would be right. I can't really think of a specific item.

5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
I don't think much about dates except at Christmastime. Then, I want there to be stuffed dates (put a walnut inside a date where the pit used to be and roll in confectioners' sugar) and Aunt Charlotte's date pie. But, if they come my way at other times, I will enjoy them.

7 comments:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Oh, those stuffed dates sound good, and pretty easy--I'll have to try them.

Annie's Mom said...

I love the sound of those stuffed dates! I'll have to try them, and I'm not sure I'll be able to wait for Christmas!

Unknown said...

I'll just skip over the dates and say I'm impressed that you use Google Calendar at all! I have some recurring appointments on it, but far from everything.

RevDrKate said...

I'm not sure I could keep track of all those folks with or without a calendar! I think you do right well by 'em all!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Looking for a toaster oven is NOT a date. LOL!

Lori said...

How could your daughters make you throw out the shoulder pad clothes?? You know they will be the rage again in 10 years or so!!

Sisterfilms said...

really your clothes aren't all that bad, in fact I really like most of your linen-y things. And I miss that one floral dress that looked so cool on hot humid nights. Yes, there are really only a few items I would do away with entirely...