So to educate you about some things Canadian here is The Great Canadian Quiz, twenty questions on this country and its people. Check back Sunday night for the answers. (At Poe's Deadly Daughters, which is in Auntie Knickers' blogroll - if you want to take the quiz yourself scoot right on over there before reading the following)
2. What is dulse? Dried seaweed, used as a snack in the Maritime Provinces, and I think I could buy some at my local supermarket here in Maine.
3. What is a double-double? Clueless here.
4. What’s a two-four? Clueless here too.
5. What are the Original Six? Hmm. I'm guessing: Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia???
6. What do you do with fiddleheads? Pick them in the spring in the woods, steam and eat. They are a type of fern and another thing that's available here.
7. Name the Canadian president. Oops, good thing I'm not running for VP.
8. How long is a CFL field? I don't even know how long an AFL field is!
9. What piece of hockey equipment was Jacques Plante the first person to use in a regular season NHL game? A helmet? My friend The CEO's grandfather was the first one to use one at all, in a Harvard game. He used his leather football helmet.
10. How many provinces and territories are there? I'm saying thirteen.
11. Where is the CN Tower? Toronto. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
12. If it’s ten o’clock in New Brunswick, what time is it in Newfoundland? I'm guessing 11 o'clock.
13. What color is the $50 bill? Red. (Just a guess, never seen one.)
14. What color is the one dollar bill? Grey-green? It's been a while.
15. What is a loonie? A one-dollar coin with a picture of a loon.
16. If you’re in Cavendish, PEI and the weather forecast says it’s 32 degrees outside will you be going swimming or tobogganing? Swimming, as long as there's a pool. I suspect the water is even colder than here.
17. When is Thanksgiving in Canada? October but I forget the day.
18. Name Canada’s major league baseball teams. Toronto Blue Jays, Montreal -- ???
19. When is Canada Day? July 1
20. When is tax day in Canada? . I don't know this either.