If you are a regular reader of Songbird's blog, you know that "The Princess" has requested a new name. Her older brother changed his "secret identity" a while back and now this lovely young lady is searching for a new name on her mother's blog. This got me to thinking. How do we come up with all of these names? There must be at least a few good stories out there.
In honor of the Princess I have posted a picture of one of my favorite members of fictional royalty, Robert Munch's "Paperbag Princess." She is a brave young woman who doesn't need anyone else to fight her battles. And she knows that what is most important isn't tiaras and finery but what's on the inside. If you haven't read this little fairy tale, I highly recommend it. But I digress.
- So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog? My blogging name comes from Onkel Hankie Pants, who started his blog first and referred to me as Auntie Knickers there. It's both a play on the pants theme and also on my real name. I named my blog "Exile's Return" for the reasons stated under the title.
- Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there? Yes. Some of the names are self-chosen by those involved, such as Onkel Hankie Pants, SonShineIn, Cordeliaknits and now, Sisterfilms. For the rest, primarily I picked one distinguishing characteristic for each person. For example, Temple Truck Woman has an "art car" that is made to look like a temple. Brother #1 painted some of the images (maybe all); here is one.
- What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun? Good in Parts. Film Aching. Hey, There's a Dead Guy in the Living Room.
- What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals of course! Well, Cordeliaknits, of course. Given the time difference between Maine and California and the concern about cellphone minutes (hers), it's the best way of staying in touch with my daughter. The Lipstick Chronicles, a blog by some mystery writers. And StoneSoupArt, partly because I've met the blogger (a friend of Cordeliaknits) and partly for the beautiful photographs.
- Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why? I'm pretty sure the first blog I read was Songbird's. It was recommended in the newsletter of a nearby church, neither hers nor mine. I got hooked. Then Cordeliaknits started hers and it just snowballed from there until I couldn't stand it any more and had to have my own blog.