Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pictures from our mid-morning walk


Perhaps later today there will be more words, but for now, pictures.

A neighbor on the next block has this interesting sight. It's an old house, note the moldings. I hope that the fact this house has a metal roof means that these icicles are not going to cause a problem, but I don't know for sure.





This is a shrub or very small tree outside the same house, which somehow acquired this odd coating of ice.














Here are some branches against the sky. I'm not
sure the photo shows how very blue the sky is
today in some parts (other parts are paler). It is
another sunny day, for which I'm grateful.








And below, a photo of the last leaves on a volunteer tree in
our back yard, and the shadows the sapling casts on the snow.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, Pretty pictures - looks so cold there!
We have had dreary gray days and highs in the 40s so it's been cold here for us.

Crimson Rambler said...

Lovely pictures -- and those ARE beautiful mouldings but MY!!! I'm glad I don't have to keep them painted!!!

Auntie Knickers said...

Cathy, We've been up in the 20s, so it's not that cold to someone like me who spent 30+ years in Minnesota!
Crimson Rambler, me too. We have vinyl siding and stone on the front, there are a few bits here and there that will need a touchup of paint once in a while. I think of that when I have moments of envying the big, beautiful old houses.