Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shrinking Circle

We've had a very nice Christmas here in City of Lakes, but now Sisterfilms and I are beginning to feel the after-Christmas letdown, since our family circle is shrinking again. Onkel Hankie Pants returned to Maine this morning (he should be landing in City by the Sea any minute now) and Cordeliaknits went back to California on Sunday afternoon, after a triumphal return to the pulpit of the church where she was baptized and confirmed. Sisterfilms and the Traveller helped with the service by singing and playing, respectively, In the Bleak Midwinter. This afternoon SF and I have errands to do, and then we'll meet The traveller to see The (can't remember full title ) Benjamin Button movie. We are looking forward to a couple more parties before I return to Maine next Tuesday. At that point I will post photos of some of my Christmas presents, especially the handmade ones. I'm enjoying reading Book 2 of the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik -- it's sort of Patrick O'Brian with dragons. I will also report later on some of the concerts and theatre I saw here.

No comments: