Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday Five: Beginnings and Endings

Sally at RevGalBlogPals posted a beautiful Celtic Mandala, a New Year's Prayer from the Iona Community, and an invitation to list five things we treasure from the past year and five things we look forward to in the new one.  I'm using an unfamiliar computer so I can't clip and paste her post, check it out! In the meantime, here is my response:

Five Things I Remember/Treasure from 2008:

1. Spending Christmas with all three of our children for the first time in a few years.

2. Hearing Cordeliaknits preach at the church which was our home for so many years.You can hear it too, by going to www.lynnhurstucc.org and clicking on the "Sermons" tab.

3. Having several opportunities to see Onkel Hankie Pants perform -- as one of the fathers in The Fantasticks, as Marcellus in The Music Man, and best of all, as one of the jurors in Twelve Angry Men and Women -- showing that he is excellent in dramatic parts as well as in musicals!

4. Having SonShineIn stay with us for a month of much-needed rest and recreation last spring -- as with most adult children, it had been a long time since we'd spent more than a couple of hours together. What a gift!

5. Last but not least, as always, Sisterfilms! Her nearly-daily phone calls where we discuss everything and nothing, her thoughtful blogs and the school papers I get to proofread, the chance to spend time with her this Christmas, and especially hearing her sing at church -- in person on the Sunday after Christmas, and via recording, her singing of Koppangen on the first Sunday in Advent.

Things I Look Forward to in 2009:

1. There's no place like home! I'm still enjoying my trip to City of Lakes, but in a few days I'll be returning to Maine. I'll miss Sisterfilms and my other friends and relatives here, but I'll be glad to be back with my husband, my dog, my cat, and my own stuff! 

2. OHP will be appearing in February in Bell, Book and Candle -- one of my favorite plays/movies and he's doing the Ernie Kovacs part. I'm sure after that he will give me more opportunities to enjoy his acting skills.

3. I'm hoping more of our friends and relatives will make the journey to Maine to visit with us! Other folks who've moved there complain about too many visitors, but we haven't had an excess yet.

4. Doing more reading, writing and reviewing and maybe even finding a new book club that will encourage me to read more serious fiction.

5. Buying, cooking and eating more healthy local foods, and walking Rusty to burn off the calories!

Happy New Year to everyone!

5 comments:

Terri said...

sounds like a rich and wonderful set of memories and hopes!

RevAnne said...

If you can't get your family to come to Maine, Ben and I will come!
Blessings for the new year.

Unknown said...

Glad you're having such a good visit!

Rev Honey said...

Enjoyed reading about your journey - may you know God's blessings in 2009+

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I was attending a funeral instead of playing the FF, as you know, but wanted to ask if you would share the new words to Come Thou Fount with me?