Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tagged Again: The Movie Meme

Sisterfilms tagged me for this one. She didn't think I could come up with 20 movies - HA! I actually had to substitute some because the original choices didn't have any quotes listed.
The Rules:
1.) Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2.) Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3.) Post them  for everyone to guess.
4.) Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed and the movie.
5.) NO GOOGLING/using IMDB search functions.

You may post your guesses in comments. Consider yourself tagged if you feel like it!  Here goes:

1. "We shoulda rented a car."
    "We have my pony."
    "Your pony is an old nag."
2. "Dear?...Dear?...What is your first name?"
3. "Sometimes for your own sake, Red, I think you should've stuck to me longer."
   "I thought it was for life, but the judge gave me a full pardon."
  "Ahhh, that's the old redhead. No bitterness, no recrimination, just a cool swift left to the jaw."
4. "My, she was yar."
5. "That's a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken."
6. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."
7. "I thought all the nuts went home on Labor Day."
8. "Frankly, you're beginning to smell, and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap."
9. "This is no time for Schopenhauer. This is important."
10. "And the magic word: Julie Andrews!"
11. "Jane Austen and I have so much in common. Neither of us can endure mess."
12. "The cleaning lady will untie you in the morning."
    "I hope she's pretty."
13. "Guns, yes. It's essential we're armed. Here's yours."
     "Is it loaded?"
    "Yes. It's a present from Margate. It fires a stick of rock."
14. "Come in, sit down, take it easy. What's the trouble?"
     "If you must know, something fell on my head."
    "When, infancy?"
15. "I liked you better as a bum."
     "I can't help what kind of people you like."
16.  "My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you."
17. "The only reason I get up in the morning is to see if my luck has changed, and it never bloody has."
18. "Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-fat-bastard cream there is not."
19. "I had a farm in Africa."
20. ""Are you trying to say you're ... jilting me?"
     "W-well, that's a very heavy word, Merle. It's a very heavy word. Let's just say that we're...uncoupling."

Bonus points: #2 and #3 have something in common. What is it? And #3 and #4 have something in common too; what is it?

3 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

by the way, I gave you an award at my place. That's what you get for having coffee with me last summer!

Diane M. Roth said...

I'm back to say I know one thing from this meme: #3 and #4 are both from The Philadelphia Story.

#2 and #3, I have no idea....

Anonymous said...

I did one of these on my Facebook, and I have to say... Yours is HARD! Although based on the fact that a lot of my movies contained a LOT of blood, I think our movie tastes may be a tad different. :)