Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Five: Take Me, Baby, or Leave Me

Songbird over at RevGalBlogPals has this question for us today (you can go there to see a YouTube video of the song, as I'm using Chrome which doesn't seem to take to them very well):
Although written by a young man, this song from "Rent" became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.

Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?

I'm not planning any new loves, but for the rest of you:

1. I'm an introvert. Really. Way over on the edge of the Myers-Briggs scale on I (as well as on N, F, and P). It takes me a while to make a new friend.
2. Because of (1), I'm also a bit of a Bartleby and when faced with a new experience my first reaction is often "I would prefer not to." However, when I am forced into one, I usually enjoy it, unless it involves rollercoasters. So keep pestering.
3. I am tidier than I used to be, but I still tend to shed shoes, books and coffee cups everywhere.
4. I have a good memory and know a lot of reference books and websites, which causes some people to think I know everything there is to know. Believe me, I don't.
5. Please, don't ask me to watch "reality tv."

These are some of the things about me that aren't likely to change.  What are yours?


15 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Love the Bartleby reference. Glad you know it can be overcome with great results (sans rollercoasters!).

Anonymous said...

great play--i love the shedding of shoes, books, etc, awesome imagery!

wonderful play!

Unknown said...

I am not at all tidier with regards to #3, mine are found everywhere and anywhere!

RevDrKate said...

Great resonance with your answers. Introverts of the world unite (in separate rooms of course)

RevDrKate said...

Great resonance with your answers. Introverts of the world unite (in separate rooms of course)

Julie said...

Great play...I'm not a reality TV watcher, either. The real life I'm living is enough right now! :)

Rev SS said...

*tee hee* Great play.

I'm an INFP too, but that's where similarities end. I am a total adventurer ... love to try new things, love change, love to have a place for everything, and everything in its place.

Jan said...

I'm also INFP, so it's good to meet you. No reality tv here either, though I don't watch it much anyway.I love RevKate saying "introverts of the world unite!" Let's--if it is not a big group!!

Sally said...

:-) me too, I am an INFP, and I leave a trail of shoes books and coffee cups behind me!

MumPastor said...

Thanks for this play, Auntie Knickers! A good memory goes a long way. Mine is like a sieve, which makes sermon writing tough (I know I read a story about this somewhere...)

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

I am so with you on reality shows!

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, I enjoyed the Bartleby reference too. You have a lot of book titles at your fingertips, tho!

I'm bad bad bad on shoe shedding.

Processing Counselor said...

Wow, so many introverts in this group. One would think that to get up in front of a group of people week after week.... I can be a little messy, too. Books everywhere!

Crimson Rambler said...

INFP forever!!!

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses said...

Am I the only INFJ??
LOVED this comment about "Introverts of the world unite (in separate rooms of course)" - perfect!!
Reality shows? ugh ugh ugh!
Give me the old shows like Barnie Miller, Taxi and the one show I was addicted to and am now stepping out of the closet to tell about - Knot's Landing!