Saturday, June 7, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Singing Owl has tagged me for a meme. I'm probably not going to come up with 5 people to tag, since so many of the bloggers I read already have done this one. But I'll see what I can do.

Rules: The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions/statements about himself or herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Ten years ago:
I was preparing for two big events: Cordeliaknits' high school graduation (and the ensuing Open House) and a mastectomy. Both had good outcomes. As I recall, the party was a lot of fun, combining many people from my daughter's various communities, and the operation went smoothly, with recovery swift and painless. (It was Stage 0 so I didn't need radiation or chemotherapy.)


Five things on today's "to do" list:

  1. Make rhubarb cake.
  2. Blog.
  3. Post reviews on DorothyL and Goodreads.
  4. Do some laundry.
  5. Finish indexing a pedigree for the local Genealogical Society.
Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
  • Pay off all my kids' student loans. And the nieces' and nephews' student loans. And fund the rest of their educations. Grandnieces and grandnephews too.
  • Give more to more charities.
  • Travel.
  • Add a screened porch and a second floor bath to our house.
  • Go to a mystery convention. If I enjoyed it, go to some more.
  • I'm afraid I'd probably buy some more books, too.
Three bad habits:
  1. Nailbiting.
  2. Procrastination.
  3. Computer solitaire.
Five places I've lived:
  1. Maine
  2. Connecticut
  3. Germany
  4. Minnesota
  5. California
Five jobs I've had:

  1. Catalog card typist.
  2. CB radio assembler.
  3. Library paraprofessional.
  4. Church secretary.
  5. Russian interpreter.
It is hard for me to come up with taggees, since Onkel Hankie Pants says he won't do any more, and many of the blogs I read are semi-professional or multi-person blogs (mystery writers, mainly). And, this has been making the rounds of the RevGalBlogPals and others for a while. However, I don't think Cordeliaknits or Sisterknits has done it yet; and I'm also going to tag Paleika and Lemondancy, just to encourage them to blog a bit more often (though it may not work).