Saturday, June 2, 2007

Seven Random Things about Me

1. I have over 202 hours of Christmas (including Advent, Hanukkah and random winter theme) music stored on my computer.
2. Two things I can't do, despite multiple tries at lessons for both: drive a car and swim.
3. I did not go to kindergarten, but attended three different schools in first grade. Fortunately, my mother taught me to read when I was 2 1/2 or I might be illiterate to this day.
4. I have had a decades-long interest (infatuation? obsession?) with the members of the Algonquin Round Table.
5. This is my first blogpost and I don't really know what I'm doing, so you'll have to look up the Algonquin Round Table yourselves.
6. In 1961, I came in 8th in the Scripps-Howard National Spelling Bee. After having watched the finals on TV the other night, as well as a documentary and a fiction movie about the Bee, I believe it has changed immeasurably since my time. I'm not sure it's for the better.
7. The word I missed was integer. (This year's winner, who's also a math and music whiz, probably knew that one in his cradle!)

2 comments:

celeste said...

number 5 is my favorite! welcome to the blogging world - it gets *so* much easier.
my current favorite township pride t-shirt slogan is: i wasn't born in X, but i got here as fast as i could. (hmmm, now that i think about it...i like it best with the X, rather than 'Cambria' which i saw first -- a new line may be coming out of my studio)

Anonymous said...

yay for first posts! Keep it up, now, or you won't be able to nag me about posting infrequently!